[Ti] Audio Recording on TiBook?

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 12 12:32:31 PDT 2003

on 03/04/12 12:05, JELyon at jelyon at mac.com wrote:

> I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row, without investing in a crap
> load of new hardware and software.
>
> Any recommendations on recording software (am trying out Peak for OS X)
> and drivers? (Am also trying demo version of the ASIO driver, which
> seems to work better than Apple's USB audio driver.)

What are you trying to do?  Is your source analog or digital?  How many
channels/tracks?

For a cheap "starter" system, just use the built-in stereo analog audio
input and output.  If you have a pre-800 MHz Ti without the audio inputs,
get a $35 Griffin iMic (which is an A/D/A converter, not a microphone, by
the way).

Peak is wonderful, but there are cheaper recording packages for a hobbyist.