[Ti] Apple: "[Supplying music to customers may be its future"

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 12 13:04:21 PDT 2003

According to XXL:

>The Macintosh trade name is also not Apple Computers property.  Apple paid
>McIntosh Labs of Binghamton, NY (they make the hi-end audio equipment with
>the distinctive black glass face plates) $3 million for a license to use the
>trade name Macintosh.
>-Joel

That's amazing. All this time it was based on the apples [as in fruit
on trees of the same name]. I must be pretty 'out of it', as the last
McIntosh stereo I saw was that brushed aluminum, or some metal,
faceplate...so they went blackface, too? I think i need to shop more.
Window shop, or something.

~flipper