Dual 1gHz wont boot.... Very scary!

Alex MacLeod alex at underdogmedia.co.uk
Sun Apr 13 13:01:16 PDT 2003

Hi Everyone..
This is my first post to the list.
I have a G4 Dual 1gHz titanium powerbook which went down a few days ago when
I was trying to reinstall the system. I installed the wrong system (for
power mac) onto the laptop which now doesn¹t startup at all?
It now shows me that flashing questionmark over the folder when booted.
I got very scared at this point and thought that I might lose my files so I
successfully connected to me powermac via the firewire holding down Œt¹ on
startup..
Then I decided to do Œzero¹ the drive and install the powerbook install cd
onto the powerbook via the powermac (which didn¹t work either)
I have also tried:
1: booting form the install cd in the powerbook (doesn¹t work)
2: installing firmware again (but the firmware installer must be run from
the destination computer-which isnt possible) didn¹t work.
3: making a boot cd with the system folder on the powerbook install cd and
disk warrior, norton, Drive10, but no matter what cd format or file
arrangement..... It wouldn¹t boot.

Can anyone help me..... I really need help.
Thanks
Alex