Fwd: [Ti] "I'm Emptying the Trash now, Dave" - not seen

A.J.Bos Arjan.Bos at icu.nl
Sun Apr 13 13:10:18 PDT 2003

Begin forwarded message:

On zaterdag, apr 12, 2003, at 21:59 Europe/Amsterdam, b wrote:

<snip/>
> My plan is to dump everything, do the most aggressive reformat
> possible, re-install Jag, upgrade it to current v., and then import my
> programs in a nice, orderly fashion.  Any brand-specific advice on
> software[s] that might help, greatly appreciated.
>
> The anomalies have won the battle, i surrender...now what?

~flipper,

In lurking this list I got the impression that you like speed with
regards to your machine, and since it looks that you're starting
afresh, you might want to consider setting up a separate swapdrive.
This page has a lot of info:
http://www.resexcellence.com/hack_html_01/09-14.01.html . It might be
wise to search the MacOSXHints archives as well on this topic.

Setting up a separate swap-partition helps to keep the fragmentation
level down on your hard drive and therefor all paging activity is a lot
faster. Setting it up does mean you have to use the terminal, but see
it as being converted to the power of the Dark Side :-)

HTH,
Kind regards,
Arjan Bos

-- Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a sick mind -- (Terry
Pratchett)