Line down LCD screen on Ti 500

Paul Czywczynski paul at pc-ware.com
Mon Apr 14 10:25:59 PDT 2003

I have a Ti 500 which has developed a line down the screen. I also have an
extra Ti 500 which I have been using for spare parts after it got dropped
and the DVD player quit working and broke the screen locking catch. My
question is, how much of a chore is it to swap the screens around on the two
units. I do pride myself being competent at repairing hardware (both Mac and
PC) but laptops always intimidate me and usually stay away from them. Also
is there a way to replace the locking catch on my spare screen. The hook
side is okay, it's the catch the hook "hooks" around is chipped and longer
catches the hook properly.

Thanks...  -Paul