Safari Beta 2 doesn't start from dock?

Bob Jacobsen Bob_Jacobsen at lbl.gov
Mon Apr 14 10:46:32 PDT 2003

I used the download page to get a .dmg for the new Safari beta, then
dragged it to my applications folder.  (I'd previously dragged the
old one to the trash, and dragged it's icon out of the dock).  If I
click on the Safari icon in the Finder, it starts up fine.

I also dragged its icon to the dock, but it crashes when I click on
the dock icon.  The crash is quite prompt, and before Safari shows
anything on the screen.  It seems to momentarily put a second Safari
icon at the end of the 1st section of the dock, as if it was
launching another program.  I've never seen this when launching the
old one; usually the icon just bounces a little.

Anybody else seeing this?  Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Bob