[Ti] .mac password (was, Safari beta 2 is out )

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Mon Apr 14 23:57:46 PDT 2003

At 14:04 -0500 14-4-2003, Kynan Shook wrote:
>Are you sure it's 9 characters?  I think it should actually be 10
>characters long; this is because the OS not only masks which
>characters are in your password, it also masks the length of the
>password by always using 10 bullets (except while you're actually
>typing the password).
>You can check whether your password is entered correctly by opening
>Keychain Access in the Utilities folder; your .Mac password should
>be one of the entries in there.
>
>What happens when you try to connect to your iDisk from the OS?
>What if you try connecting via the Connect to Server command?

Kynan - I checked and it is indeed 10 characters (10 bullets).  I
must have just 'guessed' 9.
Thanks for the explanation of why it is 10 long, even though no
password I have ever used is 10 characters long.   Solves that
puzzle.....

I cannot get the iDisk to mount (cmd-shift-I) because the password I
enter there presumably does not match with what is in Internet
Preferences.

The Keychain does not show a recent iTools password.   There is
no.mac password entry.

regards,  Trevor