[Ti] [OT] Microsoft Office : PC versus Mac

William Scammell wscamel at pop.ici.net
Tue Apr 15 12:08:20 PDT 2003

>I say they are 95% compatible.  I think that often Microsoft does not
>understand their own file formats completely enough to port them
>seamlessly across platforms.
>
>I work in an environment that is probably 99% Windows. I receive many
>documents created under Windows.  Word documents are mostly OK except
>for drawings embedded in them.  It may be just the drawings that
>start out as Visio things, I don't know, but often the rectangles are
>missing and things like that.

going more off topic with regards to sherman's comments...

it is my understanding that Word docs like to change colors to the PC gamut.

be aware of these color shift problems if you're getting things
professionally printed and need corporate colors, etc. to match.

William Scammell                     Creative Director
wscamel @ pop.ici.net                  781-956-3548

http://www.idesignofboston.com provides
graphic, advertising, and web site design services.