[Ti] [OT] What to Do With Old Macs

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Tue Apr 15 23:55:25 PDT 2003

>I know a lot of folks with old Macs - Performas, 6100s, 7100s and the like.
>Anyone got any good ideas or resources for recycling and putting to good use
>these "senior citizens" of the computer world?

Many schools have a teacher that would love to accept these computers. I assist in moving many to local schools. It is not always that they end up in the school classrooms, but they do get loaded up with educations stuff and then get 'rewarded' to students in low income areas that would otherwise never have a computer. The teachers do it cuz they see the big eyes and improved homework and attitude that comes with having a computer. Often it is to a family with 5 or more kids.
--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net

Amount American Airlines saved in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served first class:  $40,000.