[Ti] [OT] What to Do With Old Macs

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Wed Apr 16 03:10:21 PDT 2003

> At 22:05 -0400 15-4-2003, Pete Zimowski wrote:
>> I know a lot of folks with old Macs - Performas, 6100s, 7100s and the
>> like.
>> Anyone got any good ideas or resources for recycling and putting to
>> good use
>> these "senior citizens" of the computer world?

I gave my old 8600 to my mother and she uses it to check her email at
home.

It is also worth noting that Mac OS 8 was a very very secure system (in
terms of open ports in the default install) so I do know of people that
have used oldworld macs as firewalls. (you need to have 2 ethernet
cards obviously to allow this).

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue