[Ti] Faster Finder Loading and Operating

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Wed Apr 16 13:15:40 PDT 2003

At 09:09 -0700 16-4-2003, George Reis wrote:
>I timed my start up time - over two minutes! Then, I ran MacJanitor, and
>timed it again - 1:05!!!! And, it's a TiBook 500, not excatly a sprite new
>machine anymore.

George - I also have a (March 2001)Ti-500, so we are comparing like with like.
I also have Macjanitor, so I ran that (having also run Cocktail and
System Optimizer 4 already today).

Indeed, it did make a difference:

As before, I re-started several times.

The third start-up (and recall I time from first appearance of an
Apple on the grey screen to the first bounce of an application that
starts automatically) was 59 seconds !
That is definitely the fastest (by 5 seconds) start-up I have ever
timed on this Powerbook.

Now I am going to re-boot in OS9, and run the PLusOptimizer script on
all the partitions overnight, to defragment all the partitions.

I already have my (76.2 Mb) VM swap file on a separate, backup
partition, so then, after defragmenting my disk, I think my Ti-500
wll  be in as good shape as I can get it, for fast start up and fast
operation.

regards,  Trevor