[Ti] Titanium/Cell Phone/Internet Service

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 16 18:07:06 PDT 2003

Vance Eschenburg paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>Hello,
>I think I should clarify my needs a bit. I currently have no home
>internet access. I'm a grad student who moves around every few
>months so signing a 1yr contract for a high speed access would be
>impractical. I use my wireless card at school, but I'm interested in
>still having internet access regardless of where I am. Having access
>to email only is insufficient. I need the full internet package.
>What do the road warriors use?
>Vance

I'm not a road warrior in the true sense, although I'm never offline
unless i want to be.

but i have a deal with earthlink that allows me unlimited dsl, north
American [US, Canada, hawaii, Alaska] toll-free local and long
distance phoning, and three 'virtual' phone numbers [Boca Raton, Los
Angeles, and Syracuse, NY] for under $100 a month, all in. With extra
'localized; area-coded phone numbers at $4.99 a month.

Plus, I can hook my dsl modem to any dsl 'capable' [data-capable]
line, whether Earthlink, or any other [even unassigned] anywhere in
N.America. So with my carryall, [Ti-Book, dsl modem, portable
firewire, palm130, iPod, TurboMouse pro, and a spare iMac type
keyboard] i can pretty much hook up anywhere, and at home my
Bellsouth 'dial tone' service will cost 12 bucks a month... total
cost for continental dsl/long distance= 42 for the LD phone, 42 for
dsl, 12 for my one landline...and zero time charges. Haven't need a
cel phone for 2 years. I bought my Titanium 667 with the savings in
cellular time charges.

And Macstumbler, Kinko's, and Starbucks, [not to mention plazas near
gov't buildings, libraries, etc] fills in the 'gaps'

Maybe i am a road warrior [budget and high access type] after all.

~flipper