another post-10.2.5 observation

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu Apr 17 08:16:58 PDT 2003

I have a (TDK6100) pc-card in my Ti-500, which I use (through a cable
connection) with my Nokia GSM 6150 phone, for internet access when I
am travelling.

I was just checking the configuration, for my trip to the UK on
Monday, and I was shocked to see that in the Network Preferences,
under Netowrk Port Configurations, that the PC Card Modem is now
greyed out and un-selected.

This can surely only be a 10.2.5 issue.  Or could it be something else?

I made the 10.2.5 update a few days after my last trip, during which
the phone/internet connection was perfect.

Has anyone else seen this kind of event ?

I guess that there is not much I can do about it, is there?
Does it mean that 10.2.5 cannot recognize / mount / use the card,
even though it can "see it"?
When I say see it, I mean that there is a pull-down menu lisitng the
card, and giving me the option too turn the power off.  So it feels
as though one part of OS X sees the card, and yet not the Netowrk
Preferences.

Help !

regards,  Trevor