[Ti] post-10.2.5 observation (Acrobat Crashes)

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Thu Apr 17 22:24:15 PDT 2003

--On Thursday, April 17, 2003 01:41 PM +0200 "Trevor J. Hutley" <hutley at geneva-link.ch> wrote:

> Since installing 10.2.5, I have observed that Acrobat (5..0.5) quits everytime that it launches (which it does automatically, everytime that I download a PDF file).
>
> If I launch it manually, it also quits.
>
> Has anyone else noticed an apparent incompatibility of Acrobat 505 with 10.2.5 ?

This is not a 10.2.5 issue, since it has happened to me on 10.2.4 and to others on previous OS X versions. I did a complete reinstall of Acrobat 5.0.5 to no avail. Here's how I fixed it, though you may find it hard to believe.

Open System Preferences and go to the International panel
Click the Language tab
scroll down to the last two languages in the list (probably polski and magyr, but I don't think it matters what they are)
Swap their positions in the list by click and drag.

Others have said this problem has been corrected by running Repair Permissions.
I did both in sequence, so I cannot prove which of the two actions actually did the job.

This came from the Adobe user Forums on the Adobe Web site, so do some searching there. One of the messages mentioned that it came from an Adobe engineer or similar.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com