[Ti] post-10.2.5 observation (Acrobat Crashes)

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Fri Apr 18 07:44:25 PDT 2003

--On Friday, April 18, 2003 10:02 AM +0000 Simon Chapman <sc at pr100.com> wrote:

> Come on guys, give me a break. No-one - not even a lab-full of the world's
> finest software troubleshooters could ever - *ever* - find this solution.
> Nor could anyone ever - *ever* - find it by accident. So, please enlighten
> us about its discovery.

As Michael Bigley mentioned, it was probably discovered after analyzing the crash log by a knowledgeable Adobe person. I believe I saw a posting on the Adobe forums that it has its roots in the fonts or fonts management somewhere, similar to the System 9 difficulties Woz mentioned.

It sure sounded like throwing bones on the ground and reading chicken entrails to me, but it relieved a great aggravation, so I'll take it.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com