[Ti] Introduction/questions...

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Fri Apr 18 12:18:25 PDT 2003

On 4/18/03 1:14 PM, "Tim Clarke" <tim at score-music.com> wrote:

> Hmmm...got to looking at the specs and am wondering:  for multimedia (audio)
> apps that really push these macs to the limit (I typically use 10-20
> instances of virtual synths, samplers, vst plug-ins etc.), would it not make
> more sense for me to go with the faster 5400 rpm drives as compared to those
> 4200 rpm drives that are on sale?  Or do these new Hitachi drives make up
> for it with its fast ultra-DMA technology etc?  Are the drives on sale at
> Trans intl the new Hitachi drives?

There are 5400rpm 60gb drives out there, but due to a few design changes,
the 4200s are actually faster, and they are less of a draw.  The 4200rpm
drives now ship stock in the 1ghz pbg4s

--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook