[Ti] Introduction/questions...

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 18 12:36:36 PDT 2003

on 03/04/18 11:48, Tim Clarke at tim at score-music.com wrote:

> I'm also sorely dissappointed with the "5-hour" battery that lasts for more
> like 1-2 hours.  What's up with that?

You should get at least two hours on a 667 - I always did.  The "up to 5
hours" will happen with the screen brightness turned down to minimum, no
firewire stuff drawing power, no PCMCIA card drawing power, Airport off, and
a new battery.  Aged batteries do not hold as much charge.

Actually, you should get more than 5 hours if you buy a brand-new battery,
since the newer batteries have slightly more capacity than the ones that
shipped with the 667s.

If you're near an Apple store, ask one of the Geniuses to momentarily swap a
fully charged new battery with yours and see what happens to the battery
time estimate.

> Is there a 3rd-party battery, or some other solution to improve this?

Not that I know of.