[Ti] Used G4 PB's prices are dropping.....

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Sat Apr 19 10:56:04 PDT 2003

>I was looking to sell off my PB G4 667 w/512mb, slot burner, running 10.2.5
>on Ebay and man people are barely getting around $1k for units with combo
>drives. Has Apple flooded the market to the extent that the used market no
>longer nets a recovery of 50% of the original purchase price?.

There are lots of things that determine ebay pricing the least of
which I would think have to do with Apple flooding the market. Check
next week and you might find completely different numbers, but I
doubt it... this is a buyer's market right now because of
- the economy; I know of several techs who are working for free just
to keep their skill set current... they ain't buying anything they
don't absolutely need.
- education cycle... higher prices during the time
(July-September???) that kids/parents are buying units for college.
- Apple's product cycle; the 17 & 12 inch powerbooks were different
enough to probably cause a larger number of people selling their Ti's
to upgrade... simple supply & demand economics.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com