[Ti] Low Battery Warning

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Sat Apr 19 18:46:16 PDT 2003

On 4/19/03 4:19 PM, "Jerry Krinock" <dearjerry at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Hmmm.  I wonder if this is related to people reporting increased battery
> runtime estimates.  It could be that, in response to people complaining
> about not getting 5 hours, Apple changed the battery runtime estimation
> algorithm to make it more liberal, and this increased the probabability
> that, sometime, it overestimates by more than 10 minutes, and so it runs out
> with no warning.

It's an interesting idea, but I believe that the warning is tied to a
percent battery level (if I remember correctly, warning at 9% and sleep at
4%)
--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook