Startup time revisited

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Mon Apr 21 19:29:26 PDT 2003

As an update to the start up time issue we discussed; I was able to
reduce my startup time to about 2.5 minutes, not what some are
reporting, but a reduction of over 2 minutes.  After observing the
console, and deleting the com.apple.windowserver.plist.  I still get
windowserver errors, though nearly everyone reports the same, but
evidently something really nasty must have been stuck in my prefs for
that function.

One thing that is still happening during the startup, according to
Console is an attempt at PPP connection:

PPPExec(PPP_STATUS) failed: status = 19
PPPExec(PPP_STATUS) failed: status = 19

It takes about 28 seconds of the start up time.  I cannot find any
pref that would correct this. If anyone who understand the "guts" of
OSX or Unix can give me a clue, I would appreciate it.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com