[Ti] IBM microdrive and OS X

George Reis reis at imagingforensics.com
Tue Apr 22 20:08:21 PDT 2003

Cyn wrote on 4/22/03 7:45 PM:

> I went to place my IBM microdrive into the pc slot of my 17" for the
> first time and it didn't show up on the desktop. I also got a warning
> that I needed to shut down the computer and restart it. What's up
> with this? Is it not compatible with OS X? I searched the web for
> insight and came up with nothing other than Hitachi  is now the owner
> of this product or some such.

I use an IBM Microdrive in the TIBook 500 with OSX (currently 10.2.5, but
previously with 10.2.4 and 10.2.3) all the time. It mounts onto the desktop
just fine, and allows me to access the files without a problem. However, it
doesn't allow me to erase the disk, telling me that it is in use. I end up
formatting the card in the camera after downloading the images.

George Reis
--
Imaging Forensics <http://www.imagingforensics.com>
Specializing in digital imaging consulting, training, analysis and