[Ti] Startup time revisited

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 22 20:17:05 PDT 2003

Michael Bigley paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>>I've seen that before. Unfortunately, it was quite a while ago. You
>>mentioned the 'normal' setup and the fact that the startup process
>>was much quicker as 'root'. Do you have anything that appears under
>>Login Items, in System Preferences?
>
>yes, but deleting all of them makes no difference in startup time...

Strange. I like Lisbeth's idea, move your apps and Docs, carefully,
in chunks, into one of your other user's accounts, or set up a new
one, and trash the old account and all associated files. This
'trashing almost has to be done with the rm command in Terminal.

~flipper