[Ti] Startup time revisited

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 22 23:55:04 PDT 2003

Michael Bigley paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>- Are any of you using more than 900 fonts? If so, what if anything
>are you using to manage them and how do you like it?
>
>- Can anyone recommend a good font repair/analysis tool for OSX?
>TIA

I use more than that, but not at once, of course, I use Suitcase 10.2
in OSX and OS 9. It started as a necessity for my work with Quark in
OS 9. For normal numbers of fonts and typefaces I believe OSX has
very good font management. I am happy with Suitcase, however I know
some very serious design/layout people that believe Font Reserve to
be superior to it, especially in OSX. I use it out of habit and like
the way it works with either FontMenus [part of it], or Type Reunion
[solo, with FontMenus disabled].

~flipper
<approximately 12,000 fonts and typefaces>