[Ti] IBM microdrive and OS X

Craig Alguire algie at mac.com
Wed Apr 23 04:43:08 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, April 22, 2003, at 10:45  PM, Cyn wrote:

> I went to place my IBM microdrive into the pc slot of my 17" for the
> first time and it didn't show up on the desktop. I also got a warning
> that I needed to shut down the computer and restart it. What's up with
> this? Is it not compatible with OS X? I searched the web for insight
> and came up with nothing other than Hitachi  is now the owner of this
> product or some such.
> --
> Cyn

I have had the same problem since upgrading to os 10.2.4.  I went back
to 10.2.3 and it worked fine.  I then upgraded to 10.2.5 from 10.2.3
using the combo updater and the problem came back.  The only work
around I found is to restart the computer just before I insert the card
and then the card will mount ok.  If the computer has be running awhile
before I insert the card the computer will totally freeze.  I have
since gone back to 10.2.3 and things are ok.

Craig
Ti 15 1gig
1 gig ram