[Ti] Best price for Applecare?

Bill Reburn reburn at mts.net
Wed Apr 23 09:41:05 PDT 2003

On 4/22/03 7:33 PM, "b" <galahad9 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Bill Reburn paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:
>
>> Here are a few quotes from the Smalldog site, whats up with Florida??!! You
>> can buy it from Smalldog from anywhere and have full coverage but you'll
>> have to ship it to them for repairs. (read below for clarification) There
>> are several lawyers on this list - they'll all tell ya, READ THE FINE PRINT
>> (I guess you don't need a lawyer to tell you that :-).
>>
>> "Not available for used or otherwise out-of-warranty product, or for end
>> users in the State of Florida."
>
> Well that's pretty discouraging. I'm living in Florida, but moving to
> Syracuse, NY, so i wonder if I can just buy Apple care when i get
> there. I'm having a minor screen issue. I cannot work without my
> Ti-Book, all my other Macs are either in technical limbo, or on loan
> semi-permanently elsewhere.

I think that there's probably a regionally specific (there's that term
again) AppleCare that you need to purchase in Florida? Like I mentioned, it
is just the actual AppleCare purchase that is regional - your coverage is
national if not international.

What, is Florida Dell country or something? Why the Florida snub from
Apple???

I imagine Apple has all these wacky terms because every state has totally
contrary insurance legalities. Just like how in some parts of Europe, all
electronics, including Apple comp's receive 2 years minimum warranty.

I am sure you can still get coverage, just be careful who you buy it from
and that they know of these issues.. Otherwise they could pull a SmallDog on
you and make you ship it off.

Bill Reburn
Associate Member of the
Society of Graphic Designers of Canada