[Ti] Best price for Applecare?

Bill Palmer whpalmer4 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 09:24:59 PDT 2003

I'm not sure why we're getting this Smalldog bashing here.  If you go to
the Apple website and read the terms and conditions for the Applecare
product, you'll see that *Apple* is the one making the "no sale to end
users in Florida" rule.  I quote:

"9  Other Provisions
c  This plan is offered and valid only in the 50 United States, the
District of Columbia, Canada, Brazil, and Mexico.  This Plan is not
valid in any other country or U.S. territory.  This Plan is not
available for Florida consumers or where prohibited by law."

In other words, Smalldog does a better job of disclosing the "gotchas"
than Apple does on the website, not requiring you to read a couple of
pages of fine print to discover that you live in the one state where the
plan isn't valid.  Perhaps if you actually try to order Applecare from a
FL address the Apple website will catch it and warn you, I don't know.

As for having to ship things back to Smalldog for Applecare service, I
don't see any indication of that on the Smalldog website (feel free to
point it out), and it hasn't been my experience with either of the
Applecare plans I purchased from them.  In fact, the time I wanted
coverage in a hurry, they were willing to open up the package and give
me the enrollment number over the phone so that I could have the number
immediately to call Apple without having to pay for express shipping.
Combined with a roughly 15% discount on the price, what's not to like?