[Ti] copying disc to HD (was BigAl battery life)

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Wed Apr 23 17:00:47 PDT 2003

At 12:15 AM +0100 4/24/03, Selwyn Ward wrote:

>How do you do that?  I've often tried copying discs whole to the HD (DVDs,
>games & other program discs) but they always still seem to demand the disc
>be in the drive or they don't run.

(the following is from a friend)

Well, it's doable, but time consuming.

First, RIP the DVD to a folder using DVD backup. This typically takes about
1/2 of the runtime of the movie. (Faster on newer DVD-r drives...)

Then run one of the DVD to DiVX converters on the folder.
Make sure you remove any DVD-ROM content first! (There should only be 2
folders on the DVD - VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS.)

The DVD to DiVX converters are ... (very buggy)
    DivXRay
    forty-two
    etc ...

Ee..

http://www.versiontracker.com/mp/new_search.m?productDB=mac&mode=Quick&OS_Filter=MacOSX&search=divx&x=0&y=0

Also, you will need to load a DiVX codec.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)