[Ti] OOOPS

Dave Titus bullyt at mac.com
Fri Apr 25 05:02:22 PDT 2003

> Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:59:43 -0600
> Subject: Re: [Ti] OOOPS...  it did it again!
> From: Sam Hotchkiss <ti at zlit.net>
> On 4/24/03 3:57 PM, "Gary Keller" <gary at wlxp.com> wrote:
>
>> I have to separate the wall socket cord from the white power block
>> converter, then reconnect it for the powerbook to recognize that it is
>> plugged up to the power supply.
>>
>> Any one else?
>
> I've had it happen a couple times on my 15", but every time its
> happened,
> the adapter has been in very close quarters (IE, not enough room for
> it to
> properly dissipate heat)

I bought a 15" Ti 1 gig in Nov. I am now on my 3rd replacement 65w
adapter. After a visit to the local Apple Store they "suggested" that I
try/use it outside my house - meaning they thought I might have a
household power problem. I also received a new cord with this one and
it has worked so far outside the house :-)
The first one worked from Nov 'til Jan. The next one was replaced in
Feb and the third one in April.
What happens is that it shows the lightning bolt but it doesn't charge
and the yellow/green light doesn't show. The adapters are not covered
on enclosed.
Not sure were I'll go from here - I do have an old "saucer" charger
which works fine.  I "thought" this might be a known defect but it
doesn't seem to be at least not at this time.
Otherwise the Ti 1 gig is great. It's an improvement over my wife's  Ti
500 and it's quicker than my 17" iMac 1 gig I think because of the L3
cache.