Learning curve with Big Al

Sal dsal at ozemail.com.au
Fri Apr 25 15:56:01 PDT 2003

My Big Al arrived last week. It's a beauty. I am moving up from a
iBook clamshell running OS 9.2.

All in all a very positive experience, but not completely trouble
free. OS 10.2.4 came installed. I have experienced a frozen finder
while installing some  classic apps. Apple phone support have been
very helpful, though the remedy suggested initially was to download
10.2.5, a bit of a pain on a dial up. I haven't managed to do that
yet. The problem seems to have been remedied with disk utilities.

I burn VCD using Toast and was surprised to see that it is no longer
supported in OS X and Quicktime 6. The Player comes up blank and
"plays" an empty screen. I can still burn them but not play. Apple
said they may include it if there is the demand so I am wondering how
may people out there would use this feature. Can anyone suggest a 3rd
party player in the meantime.

cheers
Sal