[Ti] Contact RE Apple lack of support?

Joseph Fisher kzfisher at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 25 21:04:41 PDT 2003

On 4/25/03 7:10 PM, "Michael Bigley" <wakinyan at fuse.net> wrote:

> How is your service being handled? Directly through Apple, or through
> the place you purchased?

Directly through Apple; first at the Apple store in Tampa FL and now since
the Tampa store sent the PowerBook to the ultra top secret PowerBook repair
facility I am at the mercy of the AppleCare website for any info. Even the
Apple store Genius who has helped me the most seems to have to depend on the
same source.

> Perhaps it is like the Army, where if you go through proper channels
> it takes weeks to get something, but if you go to the PFC who is
> really running the show he goes in the back room and comes out with
> what you want.

Point well taken - I am just trying to figure out who that might be?

> If you can find someone in your area who has been an authorized
> service center for Apple since before the super computer stores
> existed, that is you best bet (let's face it, if they have survived
> the big super stores, they have to be really, really good).

The Apple stores in Tampa and Orlando are fairly new, actually I think the
Apple Store in the local CompUSA stores are probably the oldest in the
immediate area but I don't know for sure having lived in the area a short
time.