[Ti] weird word pronunciation (seriously OT)

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 26 17:40:18 PDT 2003

Erika paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>Et cetera means 'and the rest', and is two words in Latin. It's just
>been contracted in
>English, but one used to see &c sometimes. I always laugh when I see
>"etc etc", because
>there can be only one 'rest', after all...

etc etc is quasi-intellectual slang [you could look it up, if i had a
clue where, which i don't] for ad nauseam...

sorry, my latin isn't what it once was, all i remember, clearly, is:
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

cheers,
~flipper
--
~of Heaven & Hell:
In Heaven music is English, beer is German, and girls are Australian.