[Ti] Titanium or not?

Bill Reburn reburn at mts.net
Sat Apr 26 20:26:16 PDT 2003

On 4/26/03 5:18 PM, "Sam Hotchkiss" <ti at zlit.net> wrote:

> On 4/26/03 5:50 PM, "Shawn King" <shawn at yourmaclife.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/24/03 9:25 AM, "Sam Hotchkiss" <ti at zlit.net> wrote:
>>
>>> They are all titanium right now-- however, you're probably better off to
>>> wait another month or so for the Aluminum version of the 15" comes out.
>>> They are apparently much more durable and sturdy
>>
>> That's a rumor with no basis in fact. There's no evidence that there is such
>> a thing and there is no evidence that Apple is announcing any new machines
>> in "another month or so".
>
> Sorry-- but need I remind you of your announcement that "there is absolutely
> no way Apple will be announcing new laptops" right before the AlBooks were
> released?  :)  Nah, you're right most of the time

THE fact however is that the new books have some problems.

If you have a little bit of time to spare - wait, which I think is the
general message being sent here. This is a first gen. release of a new
design and first gen. releases ALWAYS have issues (and with Apple they tend
to linger.

No need to play "fact cop" just for the sake of it. The advice is good as it
stands. Wait if you can.

Bill Reburn
Associate Member of the
Society of Graphic Designers of Canada