Annoying hum

David Brostoff brostoffassoc at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 27 14:58:07 PDT 2003

Whenever I am on the telephone and touch the case of my Ti 667 II (as
when I am using the keyboard and my palms are on the palmrests), the
person I am talking to and I can both hear an annoying hum coming
through the phone. I have tried a different telephone and get the
same results. I never had this problem with previous plastic-cased
PowerBooks (180, 540, 5300, WS II).

The hum goes away if I unplug the phone and just run it on its backup
battery, but this removes most of the phone's functionality. It also
goes away if I unplug the PowerBook, but this requires endless
charging and swapping of batteries while I am working at my desk.

By the way, the phone and PowerBook are plugged into two different
wall outlets.

Any suggestions?

David Brostoff