Applecare and tracking numbers

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Mon Apr 28 06:56:22 PDT 2003

Why doesn't Applecare provide customers with tracking information for
the "kit?"

If you ring up Apple they'll tell you that you can get the shipping
information by quoting
the address it's going to and your name etc but if anybody has tried to
do this with UPS
you'll know it's non starter. So no only do Apple send the package to
the wrong address but they have no way of tracking it once it's been
sent out.

When you do finally get thru to somebody at Apple are they even
apologetic?

No they are not and they are extremely arrogant people.

I've been told that even though Apple has sent the product to the wrong
address that I have to wait b/w 4-6 weeks before they know whether it
will arrive here or not before they ship another one. Now I'm not
expecting another one but I do expect that Apple know when a product
has shipped and perferably be able to track it. Neither of which is
currently possible.

So, somebody pays $300+ dollars for something that Apple cannot get to
the customer for 4-6 weeks from the order date and has no way to track
it after it's shipped.

Somebody needs to sort this out.