[Ti] weird word pronunciation (seriously OT)

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon Apr 28 10:23:38 PDT 2003

Paul Russell typed this message on 4/28/03 10:50 AM:

> At least Americans spell and say "aluminum" consistently.
>
> What drives me crazy is the consistent mispronunciation of "realtor"
> ("real-a-tor") and "caramel" ("car-mel"). What's up with that, as
> they say ?
>
> Paul

How about Prevent-at-ive. I hate this, no such word - it is Prevent-ive!
Even doctors say it the wrong way. Every time I hear it on TV it makes me
want to hurl!

Or Denice rather than Dentist. Tode-ily rather than Tot-ally, Producks
rather that Products (people seem to hate 'T's' these days - especially
those under 20). I could go on, and on, and on...

jg