[Ti] weird word pronunciation (seriously OT)

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Mon Apr 28 11:17:13 PDT 2003

On 4/28/03 12:13 PM, "Geoff Allen" <geoff at wsu.edu> wrote:

> William Scammell wrote:
>>> The worst is "Nuke-you-lar".  That's the absolute worst.  Especially when
>>> the President says it.
>>
>> ha!
>>
>> or nuke-ah-lur
>
> I once worked at a DOE site (where we dealt with nuclear waste). I had a
> cartoon posted in my office that showed a chain link fence with a single
> sign on it.
>
> The sign read, "No one who says 'nuc-u-lar' admitted beyond this point."

When I was in 5th grade I got kicked out of the classroom for saying
"nuke-you-lurr".  I've never said it incorrectly since.  Nor have I failed
to cringe at someone who says it incorrectly since :)
--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook