[Ti] [OT] Applemusic.com - is the price right?

David Learn David at 4saleexpress.com
Mon Apr 28 16:03:31 PDT 2003

I remember reading (can't recall the source, but it was dependable)
Apples hands are tied at their cost of .65 per track to the music
companies. So at .35 gross profit minus overhead Apple isn't clearing a
whole bunch here. I'm sure the market will decide the ultimate cost per
track though and the music companies will have to adjust because I'm
sure that they need Apple expertise to pull this off as their track
record is horrible. For the record I think .99 is a bit pricey, but not
over priced and I'm sure there will be sales or adjusts soon. Oh yeah
just how much do you think those hard copy CD's really cost to put out?
I hear it's less than .80 packaged up and ready to ship divided by 15
tracks or so I have to believe online storage and maintenance isn't any
cheaper cheaper.
David