Ti internal modem

Bill Reburn reburn at mts.net
Mon Apr 28 16:19:51 PDT 2003

I need some help from any dial up users out there.

Tech support at this isp I am using is useless. I can tell they're just
reading out of a book when trying to help me.. Annoying since I can always
give him the answers before the question.

When I connect using the Apple Internal Modem scripts, Internet Connect
reports a connection speed of 26400. I have tried various adjustments, tcp
headers, ppp exho packets.. On/off/on/off as I try it with other scripts and
occasionally I get a message that says "Connection speed not available" or
with some I receive a msg reporting 56000 connection speed. I think the 56k
connection message is wrong, since it doesn't seem much faster than when it
reports 26400.

Are there any ways to reliable measure what my actual speed is? I have been
to DSL reports and I get 22kbps download speed and 153kbps upload speed,
that doesn't sound right.

Anyone have any suggestions? Dial up really sucks! but I know most people
are on it.. I am hoping I have something to tweak..

Bill Reburn
Associate Member of the
Society of Graphic Designers of Canada