[Ti] [OT] Applemusic.com - is the price right?

Charles J. Thompson charlesjt at cox.net
Mon Apr 28 17:29:18 PDT 2003

At 6:15 PM -0400 4/28/03,  T.L.Miller wrote most helpfully:

>How many times have you heard people say, "I bought the album/cassette/
>CD, but there was only one song I wanted."

I've heard me say it many times.

Curiously, this new apple offering is precisely what I have said for
many months that I would be happy to support:  same price per cut as
CDs, instant access, 30-second sampling on-line, no Draconian limits
on my usage.  I'm happy not to have to buy tracks I don't want (on
CDs), then ripping and storing the CDs.  I have never re-sold a CD,
so from my perspective, my cost to obtain the music I want will be
less, and my processing for iPod usage will be decreased, and I can
listen before I buy.  What's not to like?

Sure, apple may adjust their future pricing to maximize revenue,
especially if competitive services emerge, but I think their starting
point is a reasonable one.

Cheers!
Charles