[Ti] Applemusic limits on usage?

Bill Reburn reburn at mts.net
Mon Apr 28 21:37:54 PDT 2003

On 4/28/03 7:18 PM, "Charles J. Thompson" <charlesjt at cox.net> wrote:

> MacinTouch reported today (regarding the ne apple Music service),
> "Apple put a "governor" on its burning system, forcing a change in
> playlist every 10 burns.  You can play the music back on three Macs
> and an unlimited number of iPods "
>
> I've not seen this reported elsewhere and I'm not at all clear what
> it means.  Anyone figured this out yet?
>
> Cheers!
> Charles

Basically, you can burn 10 CD's with an identical playlist.. Then you need
to switch up the playlist to burn that same set of tracks again.

Or you can transfer the tracks between 3 separate machines (on your home
network for example). I guess this new system kills 'illegal' network
sharing somehow? Loading a tiny ID tag into the file, locked to specific
systems through iTunes.

Or you can download the track to as many iPods as you want.

Does that make any sense?

Bill Reburn
Associate Member of the
Society of Graphic Designers of Canada