[Ti] [OT] Applemusic.com - is the price right?

Steve Talkowski stevetalkowski at mac.com
Tue Apr 29 14:08:01 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 04:55  PM, Shawn King wrote:

> On 4/29/03 12:47 PM, "Steve Talkowski" <stevetalkowski at mac.com> wrote:
>
>>> Apple has one huge reason - that's the price people are willing to
>>> pay.
>>
>> Which "people" are you referring to Shawn?  Do you have any evidence
>> supporting this claim?
>
> You want evidence? Ask anyone. Ask this mailing list.

Heh, ok mailing list, let's start a poll.  What is everyone here
willing to pay per song?

>>> Why price it at $0.50 when people are willing to pay $0.99 and leave
>>> $0.49 on the table?
>>
>> LOL - listen to yourself - who exactly was polled and asked how much
>> they were willing to pay?
>
> Believe me, Apple has asked a *lot* of people about this service.

They didn't ask me!  ; P  Were YOU consulted?  We all know what focus
groups are, I'd just like to know what the demographic averages out to.

>> Personally, I have no problem plunking down a buck or two for a few
>> good songs off of a dud of an album.
>
> LMAO Listen to *yourself* - you've just confirmed what I said!

Yup, however, I've yet to hit "purchase now" - i'm gonna finish
re-encoding my current CD library into AAC before I start abusing my
credit card...

-Steve