[Ti] Creating a CD from Apple Music

Frank Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Tue Apr 29 17:26:07 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 02:25 PM, Bryan Forbes wrote:

>  Can I download the files from the Apple Music store and burn it on a
> regular cd to play in your everyday CD players (car, home cd deck,
> dvd/cd deck, cd Walkman)? .......... I'd like to be able to burn a
> regular CD like I do when I rip audio off of CD's and use Toast/Jam to
> create my compilations.
>
> I guess what I'm really after is AIFF files so I can do with them what
> I want (in Toast/Jam and Sound Studio).  Is this just pie in the sky
> for me?

Bryan

see if this article helps

"And anybody who tries to upload iTunes Music Store songs onto KaZaA
will be shocked. Each song is encrypted with a digital key so that it
can be played only on three authorized computers, and that prevents
songs from being transferred online. Even if you burn the AAC songs
onto a CD that a conventional CD player can read and then re-rip them
back into standard MP3 files, the sound quality is awful.  "

<http://www.fortune.com/fortune/technology/articles/
0,15114,447333,00.html>