[Ti] [OT] Applemusic.com - is the price right?

Bill Reburn reburn at mts.net
Tue Apr 29 20:22:33 PDT 2003

On 4/29/03 10:03 PM, "Sam Hotchkiss" <ti at zlit.net> wrote:

> On 4/29/03 9:08 PM, "Benn" <joverkamp at earthlink.net> wrote:

>> think apple's service would be great if it included more obscure titles
>> off smaller labels.  My eclectic tastes rarely find something worth
>> listening to from a major label (though there are plenty of
>> exceptions).  Maybe in time...
>
> I totally agree-- when I was playing around with the music store last night,
> apple only had 1/5 of the artists I tried

Guys, give it a minute will ya! (I think I may be more impatient than you
though, haha ;-)  Do you know what 200,000 (that's song titles, not CD/album
titles) titles represents? Ok, it represents about 15,000CD's but you know
that the big 5 have A LOT MORE in their library.

I would think this would be an amazing avenue for smaller labels as a first
reach into the market compared to all of these indie band websites. Only tie
will tell. Considering the number of musicians who use Mac's.. hrmmm

They're only one day out.. We could all compare our diverse musical tastes
and gripe about what's not there - but they're obviously providing what you
would find through MuchMusic, MTV, Rolling Stone as a first wave to the
masses.

At least you guys have access! I am already tired of the "Not available in
your country" disclaimer I see EVERYTIME I hit that Music Store button.

Bill Reburn
Associate Member of the
Society of Graphic Designers of Canada