[Ti] Apple's future

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Tue Apr 29 23:11:20 PDT 2003

At 11:33 PM -0500 2003.04.29, Shawn King wrote:

>Why stress it? So, you think that we should just let people do whatever they
>want with other people's content? Odd position for a graphic designer to
>take.

I am glad that some, like Shawn, are willing to stand up to peer pressure and tell us that we should not [knowingly] violate the copyright laws and our agreements with institutions such as the WSJ. Copyrights protect producers. We have lots of fun computer topics and activities available without violating other's copyrights..

There's plenty of room to disagree with the laws and to skate around them, and in fact there is room for different interpretation of what is written. But publicly, let's try to take the higher ethical ground as an example to our children.

It's OK to make minor mistakes and not to be sure of exactly what the laws and agreements are, particularly since in the case of copyrights right and wrong isn't intuitively obvious. Doing wrong things here might be roughly as bad as parking overtime or speeding. But let's not publicly say that even such minor offenses are justified, or proper.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)