[Ti] AAC vs MP3 (slightly OT)

David Learn David at 4saleexpress.com
Wed Apr 30 02:26:19 PDT 2003

I think that is it in a nut shell (same size) I don't think a 160kbps
bit rate is good enough for my system and ears and from what I'm
reading a 128 kbps AAC is equivalent to a 160kbps mp3. I sure hope
Apple gives us an option down the road to purchase a higher bit rate. I
guess I'll take the time to do some thorough tests, but right now it
looks like I'm stuck encoding hard copies to maintain my standards. A
quick question for anyone  that knows about this. I understand that
iTunes has a 32,000 track limit. Is that true and is there any other
players out there without this limit? I am fast approaching that figure
and would like to keep my master library intact instead of switching
libraries all the time. tia.
Regards, David