OT: Some airport questions...

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 3 22:03:17 PDT 2003

A friend of mine just came by with her Fujitsu notebook (C2111) which,
according to the specs on the site, had an 802.11b option.  When she
got down here, her computer recognized my Airport Extreme network, but
could not connect to it.  I have my base station set to 802.11g only,
but could it be possible for a 'b' client to notice the 'g' network,
but not connect to it?  I couldn't find any facts on her machine that
the card in it is truly a 802.11b card, but I don't believe there was
any option for 'g' when she got it.  I'm pretty baffled as to how she
could even see the network.  Anyone have similar experiences or any
clues?

Also, after seeing me all over the place with on my pb17, she wants to
get an access point.  Her ISP is AOL right now, though, and through
dailup.  Does anyone know if the snow base stations, using Airport
Admin Utility for Windows can be set up to dail up AOL like they can on
the mac?  And if not, are there any other access points that can be
used with AOL and PCs?

Benn