[Ti] any software that can do this?

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Thu Aug 7 08:51:37 PDT 2003

On 8/7/03 8:51 AM, "Malcolm Hamilton" <malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca> wrote:

> Hi there -
> I have a Ti and check out this list sometimes for suggestions and
> advice re hardware and software... and I'd love to find out if
> there's a way of automating a boring task.
> Every time I launch my word-processing program I have to go through
> about six steps to properly position the pages on my screen (go up to
> Documents, choose Preferences, choose General, then type '0' into the
> Horizontal Pasteboard box, and '0' into the Vertical Pasteboard box,
> and hit 'OK'.  That gets my pages close, but I then have to drag it
> by the top, and inch to the left and maybe half-an-inch up, then
> extend the bottom of the page by dragging the corner down and to the
> right).
> They're always the same steps, repeated exactly.
> Is there some software out there that would do all of this automatically?
> I'm no good at programming, so I'm hoping there's something on the
> market, and easy to use!
> thanks so much,

QuicKeys should do it for you... You can have it record your mouse movements
and keyboard strokes, so you show it once, and then you can create a little
application that you open that opens word then does all of those chores
--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook