[Ti] Selling powerbook..how do I:

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at cs.utk.edu
Sun Aug 10 14:04:26 PDT 2003

>Reboot the powerbook with the 10.1 Cd #1 inside while holding the C
>key. This will start the
>installer. When it asks you if you want to do a clean install, it
>will allow you to reformat the
>drive. Once you do this the installer will leave the machine just
>like the day you pulled it out of
>the box.

The other day I had to replace a tibook hard drive. The thing refused
to start up from CD while there was an unformatted drive in it. Can
anyone explain that to me? I hooked up the ti as target drive to a
desktop machine, and was able to install the system that way, but I'm
still curious.
--
Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>, 329 Claxton, Comp Sci, UT,
Knoxville TN 37996.