Sticktion anyone?

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Sun Aug 10 19:45:24 PDT 2003

Earlier today, after sitting overnight in sleep, my TiBook 667 (Oct 2001 model) wouldn't wake. Upon reboot, it found no boot volumes. Booting from the Disk Warrior CD, it could find no disks mounted. Resetting PRAM did not help.

I completely powered down and removed the battery. I rapped hard several times on the bottom under the touchpad. Upon power up, all was well again. I can't tell if the complete power down or the whacking on the bottom did it. I suspect the disk might have been stuck and couldn't spin up.

My question then, is it possible I am starting to see a sticktion problem already? The machine isn't that old and only sleeps once or twice a day. Otherwise it is up and running. Has anyone else experienced a sticktion problem in any of the 1st or 2nd generation TiBooks?
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com