Got a silly problem with my iPod and iTunes

avillal99 avillal99 at yahoo.es
Thu Aug 14 09:29:15 PDT 2003

Hello,

I reinstalled the OS this weekend, trying to solve some problem. Well, I've
run into a silly problem with my iPod (an old one, 5GB): on Mac OS X 1.1.5 +
iTunes 4, after I plug the iPod to update it, the iPod is mounted on the
Desktop, iTunes start to run and shows the normal window with the Library,
repro lists and so, but it doesn't update the iPod and even this device is
not included under "Library" (the normal behaviour on my machine is to see
the iPod in iTunes window, in rose and blinking while it is updated).

It works fine on the same machine under 9.2 (iTunes updates the iPod
automatically).

I tried to solve this issue updating the iPod software with iPod Updater
1.3, with no success.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Antonio Villalba